Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher are two reliable Amazon Seller tools.
If you have the question of which one to choose between — Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout, your quest ends here.
Both Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher have some similar features and a lot of differences as well. To help you better understand these tools, I have featured a detailed comparison of Jungle Scout vs Unicorn Smasher.
To compare these tools, I took various parameters such as — the differences, features, data accuracy, ease of use, interface, pricing, support, etc.
By the end of this comparison, you will get to know which one to choose between — Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher.
Table of Contents
- Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: The Key Takeaway
- Which One Has Better Data Accuracy?
- Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Features Compared
- Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Ease of Use & User Experience
- Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Pros & Cons
- Which One Is Affordable? (Pricing Comparison)
- Jungle Scout vs Unicorn Smasher: Expertise & Experience
- What’s The Verdict: Jungle Scout or Unicorn Smasher
Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: The Key Takeaway
Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher are robust Amazon seller tools. However, Jungle Scout all-in-one suite of tools for Amazon sellers, while Unicorn Smasher is just a product research tool.
Without starting this comparison, let’s understand the fundamental difference between these tools.
Note: Well, I have already done a detailed Jungle Scout review here.
The Basic Difference Between Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher
- Unicorn Smasher is merely a products research tool, while Jungle Scout has a complete set of toolsets for Amazon sellers.
- Unicorn Smasher has a free version available, while Jungle Scout doesn’t have a free version.
- Jungle Scout provides a vast library of resources and learning tools — Jungle Scout Academy. On the other hand, Unicorn Smasher doesn’t provide resources for Amazon sellers.
- Jungle Scout is well known among Amazon sellers, and it’s a well-known tool for selling on Amazon. Unicorn Smasher is a new tool that only offers a limited set of features.
- Jungle Scout data is accurate and reliable, while Unicorn Smasher got various reviews saying its data isn’t reliable.
So these are the key differences pointers that I have shared as per my encounter with these tools — Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher.
Which One Has Better Data Accuracy?
As an Amazon seller, you should always make decisions based on accurate data. Otherwise, you will be kind of like throwing a dart in the dark. Let’s check the data accuracy of Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher.
Jungle Scout Data Accuracy
No doubt, Jungle Scout is a leader in this Amazon business management platform more precisely — it excels in data accuracy. They have started as a product research tool, so they have a history of taking data metrics seriously.
As per the case studies conducted by Jungle Scout, it is evident that they are 84.1% accurate for data accuracy. That means the margin of error with Jungle Scout is far less compared to other Amazon seller tools. There is roughly a 16% chance of their data inaccuracy, and that’s fairly low compared to other tools in the market.
Unicorn Smasher Data Accuracy
Unicorn Smasher started as a free product research tool, so they haven’t focused much on data accuracy and reliability. As per the study of Jungle Scout, Unicorn Smasher is 45.2% accurate. You can see the margin of error with Unicorn Smasher is much higher. If you choose to rely on Unicorn Smasher data, there will be a 54.8% chance of investing based on inaccurate data and stats.
Winner: Yes, Jungle Scout excels in data accuracy as it has accurate and verified data compared to Unicorn Smasher.
Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Features Compared
Features are what make an Amazon seller tool reliable and trustworthy. While Jungle Scout comes with tons of features for Amazon sellers, Unicorn Smasher has got only a few to offer.
Let’s compare the key features of Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher. We will compare both Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher in terms of both quality and quantity.
|Jungle Scout||Unicorn Smasher|
|Education & Traning|
|Unrestricted, on-demand video guides||✔||❌|
|Free step-by-step case studies||✔||❌|
|Product Research & Validation|
|Leader in data-accuracy||✔||❌|
|Product discovery tools||✔||✔|
|Historical data analysis||✔||Partial|
|Global supplier database||✔||❌|
|Search Product By Keyword||✔||❌|
|Save favorite searches||❌||✔|
|Launching on Amazon|
|Keyword Research Tools||✔||❌|
|Save Keyword List||✔||❌|
|Unlimited email Follow-Up||✔||❌|
|Coupon abuse prevention||✔||❌|
|Amazon PPC Tools||✔||❌|
|Listing optimization score||✔||❌|
|Sync listings to Seller Central||✔||❌|
|Review Request Automation||✔||❌|
|Product promotions & discounts||✔||❌|
|Customizable product alerts||✔||❌|
|Advanced Keyword discovery filter||✔||❌|
|Comprehensive expense management||✔||❌|
|Track inbound FBA shipments||✔||❌|
|Email performance reports||✔||❌|
|Inventory demand forecasting||✔||❌|
|Product promotions & discounts||✔||❌|
Winner: It’s evident from the above chart, Jungle scout excels when it comes to features in terms of both quality and quantity. Jungle Scout is fully-equipped with tons of features and offers a one-stop solution for Amazon sellers. On the other hand, Unicorn Smasher only offers product research features and some limited data analysis.
Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Ease of Use & User Experience
The ease of use and user experience of an Amazon seller tool matters a lot because you will be dealing with complex data and stats, so the data must be available in an easy interface.
In this section, we will compare and evaluate the user experience of these tools. The thing is, Unicorn Smasher is merely a chrome extension; on the contrary, Jungle Scout has a suite of software and browser extensions as well.
To compare both the tools, I will use the Chrome Extensions of Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher.
Jungle Scout User Experience And Ease Of Use
First of all, you need to install and activate the Jungle Scout chrome extension on the browser. I took one keyword, “coffee maker,” on Amazon; I just turned on the JS chrome extension.
Once you enable the JS Chrome Extension, a screen pop will appear to see various useful metrics for all the products shown on the search result. You will get metrics such as daily/monthly sales, review count, revenue, fulfillment method, etc.
What’s more, you will also get various valuable metrics such as — average monthly sales, sales rank, review count, along with the opportunity score. In a nutshell, with the JS extension, you will see all the valuable metrics for the keyword you enter.
On the left side of the extension, click on the “Actions” button, where you can opt from various options. Using these options, you can directly add these products to Jungle Scout’s — Product Tracker, Keyword Scout and Supplier Database.
Moreover, on the top left corner of the extension, you can customize metrics such as— filters based on price, rating, review count, and other helpful metrics. You can also download the data in a CSV file.
Overall, the JS chrome extension is robust, easy to use, and provides all the info you need.
Unicorn Smasher User Experience And Ease Of Use
Initially, when I tried installing the chrome extension of Jungle Scout, I couldn’t do the Unicorn Smasher Pro extension. Because of that, I have to download and use the extension directly from Google Chrome Extension.
My impression was, the interface and way of presenting information were outdated and nested. It provides various metrics that the Jungle Scout extension also offers. You can see various metrics such as —price, estimated sales, reviews, category, etc.
One thing I noticed, Unicorn Smasher extension missed one crucial key metric that is — Opportunity Score. Because the Opportunity Score has the import data metrics.
Other than that, Unicorn Smasher allows you to add products to their dashboard using the chrome extension. Overall, the Unicorn Smasher extension is pretty basic and unreliable, and robust compared to Jungle Scout.
Winner: Jungle Scout is the clear winner, as it has a better experience, and the extension is fully-equipped with robust features. Jungle Scout chrome extension is the clear winner for the overall user experience.
Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout: Pros & Cons
Here are the benefits & drawbacks of Unicorn Smasher and Jungle Scout.
Unicorn Smasher Pros
- It is completely free to use.
- You can pay a small fee for lifetime access to its pro version.
- The interface of Unicorn Smasher is easy to use, meaning you can easily find whatever data you want to find here.
- Unicorn Smasher integrates with AMZ Tracker, allowing you to capitalize on many opportunities.
- It allows you to export any data on .CSV files.
Unicorn Smasher Cons
- Many websites & reviews claim that data provided by Unicorn Smasher is inaccurate.
- The customer support service of Unicorn Smasher is not good.
Jungle Scout Pros
- Jungle Scout is made for all sellers alike, whether they are beginner or advanced sellers.
- Jungle Scout provides highly accurate data.
- It offers plenty of learning resources.
- You can easily analyze the keywords & products of your competitors on Jungle Scout.
- Its accurate data helps you in investing in the right product.
Jungle Scout Cons
- Doesn’t offer any free plan or free trial.
- Pricing is a bit expensive in comparison to Unicorn Smasher.
Which One Is Affordable? (Pricing Comparison)
Let’s compare the pricing of Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher.
Unicorn Smasher has an affordable pricing structure compared to Jungle Scout. The thing is, Unicorn Smasher is just a product research tool, while Jungle Scout has a complete suite of tools for Amazon Sellers.
Jungle Scout Pricing Plans:
Yes, I have already listed working Jungle Scout discount codes which help you save a few extra bucks.
Jungle Scout has flexible pricing options available. Here I will review the pricing plans of Jungle Scout in here.
- Basic Plan ($49/Monthly): This plan is suited to beginners, and it comes with — Jungle Scout extensions, limited access to product Research, product tracker (3 ASIN), Historical keyword/product tracking (1 month), reliable customer support, etc.
- Suite Plan ($69/Monthly): The suite plan is suited for growing Amazon sellers. The Suite plan of JS comes with all the features in the basic plan. And you will get a product tracker of up to 150 ASINs, historical product tracking for three months, a historical keyword tracker for one month, an advanced seller tools suite. You can send 15K emails per month, priority customer support.
- Professional Plan ($129/Monthly): The Professional plan of Jungle Scout is best suited to established Amazon Sellers. This plan has all the features of Suite Plan, plus you will also get — Product Tracker up to 1000 ASINs, the historical product tracking for like six months, access to robust seller tools, keywords tracking in the rank tracker, along with sending 100K emails per month.
Note: All the plans are backed with a seven-day money-back guarantee.
Unicorn Smasher Pricing Plans:
Unicorn Smasher comes with a free version that has a limited set of features. In the free version of the Unicorn Smasher, you can’t rely on the data and stats.
Unicorn Smasher Pro: The Unicorn Smasher Pro plan costs $49/lifetime. The pro version of Unicorn Smasher provides more accurate data compared to the free version.
Winner: Unicorn Smasher comes with fundamental features that are useful for product research only. At the same time, Jungle Scout offers a robust suite of tools for starting, managing, and scaling your Amazon selling business. Also, you can rely on Jungle Scout data and reliability.
Jungle Scout vs Unicorn Smasher: Expertise & Experience
Jungle Scout is a well-known and established Amazon seller tool that started back in 2015. Greg Mercer founded it, a successful Amazon seller who wanted to create subtle eCommerce tools for betters insights and data. Greg Mercer gained popularity as an eight-figure Amazon seller, and he was named Best Amazon expert in 2017.
What’s Greg was announced as Entrepreneur of the Year 2019, 2020,, and earned a lot of fame. Also, he made it to the list of top 50 SaaS CEOs in 2029 and 2020.
Overall, I can confidently say that Jungle Scout is in good hands and knows the art of selling on Amazon.
Unicorn Smasher Expertise and Experience
On the other hand, Unicorn Smasher was created in 2015 as a free product research tool for Amazon sellers. The founder of Unicorn Smasher is Travis Jamison, who is also an Amazon seller.
Unicorn Smasher isn’t that established as Jungle Scout, and also it doesn’t offer reliable educational content as Jungle Scout does.
Winner: Well, both the companies have CEOs who have an Amazon seller background. Though, Jungle Scout has more weight when it comes to expertise and experience, as the CEO Greg Mercer was an eight-figure Amazon seller. Their tools are easily accessible and well-developed, to understand the needs and requirements of Amazon sellers.
What’s The Verdict: Jungle Scout or Unicorn Smasher
So this is my detailed comparison of Jungle Scout vs Unicorn Smasher.
Well, for every aspect I took, Jungle Scout seems to be the clear winner. No doubt, Jungle Scout is a complete suite of tools, has more features, reliable support, and accurate data than Unicorn Smasher.
With all that being said, the choice is all up to you and your requirements. If I have to choose an Amazon Seller tool, I will go with a reliable tool. And Jungle Scout is what I’m talking about. There are other Amazon seller tools available like Viral Launch and Helium 10 you can lookout.
I hope this detailed Unicorn Smasher vs Jungle Scout suits your purpose well. Which tool are you going to choose? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.